Wednesday, February 3, 2010

It's Back...Huckleberry Hero Hump-Day!


Firestorm The Nuclear Man


Hi all! Today is my Birthday and I wanted to post something special, so I decided to bring back what has become this blogs most popular feature, Huckleberry Hero Hump-Day.
For those of you who are new to my blog, every Wednesday I post a couple of sketch's of my favorite Hanna-Barbera star Huckleberry Hound and dress him in a super-hero uniform to see what he would look like as one of Earth's Mightiest Hero's. From the Golden Age to the present, I've drawn Huck as Super-heroes from all the Comic Book Company's. I've even depicted him as the Super-hero's that the Hanna-Barbera Studios has introduced.
Above I have Huck as DC Comics nuclear powered man, Firestorm.



In the above sketch I have ol' Huck meeting a famous monster from the Land of the Rising Sun, Godzilla.
One of this blog's friends CooperGal wrote me a while ago with some suggestions for Huck. She is a big fan of the show "Dirty Jobs" starring Mike Rowe. CooperGal requested Huck do one the the jobs that they featured on the show, so I decided to show our blue-furred hero as an exterminator who is called to Japan. Little did he know that a giant irradiated lizard is what he would have to get rid of. Looks like he has his work cut out for him!


I'll try to keep Huckleberry Hero-Day coming every Wednesday as long as my health (and vision) permits.

1 comment:

Jay Watson said...

Marc, these are both a lot of fun! I love Huck (not as much as Quick Draw of course :) but lots). His left hand nonchalantly pressed up against Godzilla LOVE IT!
You're amazing.
your pal,
r/e