Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Huckleberry Hero Hump-Day Special


This week I would like to do something different and feature the art of a fan of my Huckleberry Heroes.
Erin Filarowski (also known as CooperGal24 on Flickr) like myself is a member of the Flickr Group "The Funtastic World of Hanna-Barbera". Through there we met when she contacted me and told me that see was a big fan of Huckleberry Hound. She liked what I did with Huckleberry Heroes and gave me some suggestions for Huck to portray.
Erin is a talented artist herself and taking a cue from yours truly, did some Huckleberry Heroes of her own. Above she drew Huck as another H-B Hero, Hong Kong Phooey.



Here Erin pulled the old switcheroo and drew Hong Kong Phooey as "Huckle Hero", the super-hero that Huck became in a few episodes of the "Yogi's Treasure Hunt" series. I think it's fun to see Huck's trade-mark neck tie on H.K.P.

Above Erin created a new costume for Huckle Hero. I love the color scheme on this, staying true to Huck's blue fur and the use of yellow as highlights. His cape is reminiscent of the one worn by the original Captain Marvel.
Erin has also done some great sketches of the Hanna-Barbera female characters and designed costumes for them. She has also done infant versions of the H-B characters that are creative and cute.


Check out Erin's art on Flickr and devianART.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cgtoons/

http://coopergal24.deviantart.com/



No comments: